Povidone Iodine & Ornidazole Ointment is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Wound Infections, Minor Cuts, Grazes, Burns, Blisters, Abrasions and other conditions.
Povidone Iodine & Ornidazole Ointment contains Ornidazole, and Povidone Iodine as active ingredients.
Povidone Iodine & Ornidazole Ointment works by liberating iodine in contact with the skin; inhibiting the growth of microorganism;
Detailed information related to Povidone Iodine & Ornidazole Ointment's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Povidone Iodine & Ornidazole Ointment is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Wound Infections
· Minor Cuts
· Bacterial Infections
· Protozoan Infections
· Infections During Surgical Procedures
Povidone Iodine & Ornidazole Ointment improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Liberating iodine in contact with the skin.
· Inhibiting the growth of microorganism.
Povidone Iodine & Ornidazole Ointment is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Povidone Iodine
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Povidone Iodine & Ornidazole Ointment. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Metabolic Acidosis
· Impairment Of Renal Function
· Conjunctival Hyperemia
· Superficial Punctate Keratitis
· Hypersensitivity Reactions
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if having epilepsy and multiple sclerosis
· Consult your doctor if skin rash and itching occurs
· Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery after consuming the medicine
· Do not take the medicine on empty stomach
· Do not use povidone iodine solution without consulting the doctor
· Keep this drug out of reach from children