Lamivudine and Zidovudine Tablet is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Hepatitis B Virus Infection, HIV Infection, HIV Infections and other conditions.
Lamivudine and Zidovudine Tablet contains Lamivudine, and Zidovudine as active ingredients.
Lamivudine and Zidovudine Tablet works by increasing the number of infection fighting cells in the body; blocking the enzyme required for viral growth;
Detailed information related to Lamivudine and Zidovudine Tablet's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Lamivudine and Zidovudine Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Hepatitis B Virus Infection
· HIV Infection
· HIV Infections
Lamivudine and Zidovudine Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Increasing the number of infection fighting cells in the body.
· Blocking the enzyme required for viral growth.
Lamivudine and Zidovudine Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Lamivudine (150 MG)
· Zidovudine (300 MG)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Lamivudine and Zidovudine Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Runny Nose
· Hair Loss
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid pregnancy
· Discontinue use if rapid increase in aminotransferase levels, progressive hepatomegaly, or metabolic or lactic acidosis of unknown origin
· Have diabetes and renal impairment
· Pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
· Signs of change in the distribution of fat, erosion of bones, or inflammation of pancreas
· Symptoms like pain or weakness of muscle, numbness or feeling cold in arms or legs, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of breath, aberrant heart rate, dizziness, weak or tired feeling