What is Glimepiride and Metformin?
The salt combination Glimepiride and Metformin is used for the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Maturity Onset Diabetes, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and other conditions.Detailed information related to Glimepiride and Metformin's uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Glimepiride and Metformin Uses
Glimepiride and Metformin is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
· Maturity Onset Diabetes
· Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Glimepiride and Metformin Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Glimepiride and Metformin improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas.
· Decreasing the amount of glucose and controls the amount of glucose in the blood.
Glimepiride and Metformin - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur in medicines that contain Glimepiride and Metformin. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Deficiency Of Red Blood Cells
· Low Blood Sugar Level
· Abnormal Blood Counts
· Problems With Sleeping
Glimepiride and Metformin - Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Blurred vision
· Diabetic ketoacidosis
· Do not skip any meal while taking glimepiride
· Swallow the tablet without crushing or chewing with at least half a glass of water
· Symptoms like nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fatigue, anorexia and dark urine
· Take glimepiride just before or with the first main meal of the day