What is Glibenclamide and Metformin Hci?
The salt combination Glibenclamide and Metformin is used for the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Glycemic Control In Adults And Children With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and other conditions.Detailed information related to Glibenclamide and Metformin's uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Glibenclamide and Metformin Uses
Glibenclamide and Metformin is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
· Glycemic Control In Adults And Children With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Glibenclamide and Metformin Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Glibenclamide and Metformin improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Promoting the insulin secretion in the body.
· Decreasing the hepatic glucose production; decreasing the intestinal absorption of glucose.
Glibenclamide and Metformin - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur in medicines that contain Glibenclamide and Metformin. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Low Blood Sugar
· Allergic Reaction With A Rash Involving The Skin
· Internal Lining Of The Skin
· Metallic Taste
Glibenclamide / Metformin - Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
· Make sure you follow all exercise and dietary recommendations made by your doctor
· Swallow the whole tablet with or immediately after breakfast
· adrenal insufficiency
· elderly patients
· monitoring of renal function