Gefitinib Tablet is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer After Failure Of Platinum And Docetaxel Chemotherapies and other conditions.
Gefitinib Tablet contains Gefitinib as an active ingredient.
Gefitinib Tablet works by blocking a protein to inhibit spread and growth of cancer cells.
Detailed information related to Gefitinib Tablet's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Gefitinib Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer After Failure Of Platinum And Docetaxel Chemotherapies
Gefitinib Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Blocking a protein to inhibit spread and growth of cancer cells.
Gefitinib Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Gefitinib (250 MG)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Gefitinib Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Red Or Sore Eyelids
· Red Or Sore Mouth
· Inflammation Of The Liver
· Red Or Itchy Eyes
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
· Be careful while driving or using tools or machines
· Do not take antacids 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking gefitinib
· Inform your doctor if you are taking a medicine containing warfarin as an active substance
· Take the tablet at about the same time each day